January 6, 2008

Starting on 7th January...

Been Enjoying meeting family and friends and HATING the traffic. Cycled around 60 kilometers around where I have been staying in Hyderabad and survived the chaotic traffic. I got wierd questions as I cycled around here.(of course, I can imagine that I look wierd with my bicycling clothes)...Where is my luggage ? How do I plan to carry my luggage ? How much does the bicycle cost? Is it battery powered (because of the little computer display) People yelling from within the bus and cheering. Kids just wanting to touch the bicycle. etc...where am I going, where did I come from ? etc...

In other trivial news... one of our small suitcases got stolen from right in front of our eyes... 2 minutes of distraction... could't believe it...but, makes me even more wary. So, lost out camera charger, usb port... end result, the pictures I have clicked so far need to wait until I come back to Germany. In the meanwhile, I did buy a very basic camera to take along on my trip and plan to click lots of pictures and post some on my way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your route looks very interesting indeed. I have done a part of the route you have chosen. If you care to stick out of the highways and you have time (for these tend to meander ) you will be rewarded.

warm wishes
KP

Anonymous said...

Dear Bala,

I've been frequently checking your Blog - finally there's something going on!

I wish you all the best for your trip.

Keep on writing/posting pictures and take care of yourself and your equipment. We're listening!

Best regards from Dresden, Germany

Marko